Gwynedd Council’s Managers of Tomorrow Scheme, provides you with the opportunity to gain experience, networks and qualifications to start your career in leadership and management.
Watch the video below for more information!
Purpose of the Scheme
The purpose of the Managers of Tomorrow Scheme is to develop managers of the highest calibre to undertake key management posts across the Council. The scheme gives an opportunity for future managers to gain experiences, networks and qualifications needed to build a firm foundation on which to start your career within leadership and management.
The Council is pleased that the majority of the successful candidates have gained a permanent post in the Council at the end of the Scheme, and the majority are in a leadership or management post by now.
Overview of the Scheme
Here’s an overview of the scheme:
- The scheme’s duration is two years
- During the two years, the successful candidate will receive all possible support and resources to gain a higher-level professional qualification.
- The trainee will experience working within various departments and will contribute to the managerial work under supervision in a range of Services across the county.
- There will be an opportunity to gain valuable experiences that go beyond the usual, to address the political, strategic, executive and front-line work, which are integral elements of the council’s functions.
- There will be continual support and reviews throughout the two years to ensure that the successful candidates get the best out of the scheme.
In taking advantage of the above, the prospective manager will develop the confidence, skills, and understanding of the behaviours required to be an effective Gwynedd Council manager.
The pay scale will be £22,434 – £24,717 (Grade S2).
The exact salary point will be dependent upon progress.
There will be up to 2 posts available.
What are the basic requirements?
The candidates must reach the basic requirements below to apply:
- You must have (or are expected to be awarded) a 2:1 degree or higher. Your degree can be in any field. You are qualified to apply whenever you graduated.
- You must be fluent in both Welsh and English
- You must hold a GCSE Grade C or above in Mathematics, Welsh, English and Science
- You are passionate about working in local government
- You have shown a willingness to lead others e.g. in an educational situation (school, college, university), sports, social, community or work.
- The management trainees will study a level 7 CMI qualification in Leadership and Management at the Management Center in Bangor.
- The qualification is recognized in the field of Leadership and Management around the world.
- The level of the qualification is equivalent to a master’s degree.
- The qualification will be delivered through a combination of face to face sessions, networking, webinars and regional events.