What is Cynllun Yfory?
The Scheme gives you the opportunity to develop expertise in a key area and to understand more about the requirements of working in local government. You will receive practical experiences and many opportunities to develop your specialist and personal skills to ensure a long and prosperous career here.
The Scheme is a unique opportunity for anyone with a degree or equivalent, to develop a career at Gwynedd Council. If you have ever thought about working for local government, Cynllun Yfory is perfect for you.
Purpose of the Scheme
The purpose of Cynllun Yfory is:
- To fill key posts in Gwynedd Council
- To ensure that there are qualified professionals in place to meet staffing needs
- To develop talented graduates to be future leaders and experts
- To give individuals the opportunity to receive the required experiences, develop the networks and complete the necessary qualifications to have a firm footing for a career in the Council
What are the basic requirements?
Candidates will have to meet the basic requirements below:
- Have gained (or likely to gain) a 2.1 degree or above
- Have a degree in a subject that is relevant to the field
- Fluent in Welsh and English
- Have GCSEs at Grade C or above in Mathematics, Welsh, English and Science
- Passionate and really want to work in local government
- Have already shown commitment to developing in this field e.g. in an educational setting (school, college, university), or a sports, social, community or work setting