Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do I need experience in the specific area before I can apply for the job?
No, you do not need previous experience but you will need to have shown a willingness to develop.
2. How do I apply?
It is possible to apply for the post through the Gwynedd Council website.
The latest information can be seen by clicking on this link: www.gwynedd.llyw.cymru/en/Council/Jobs/Cynllun-Yfory.aspx
3. Do I need to have a specific degree in order to apply?
We do normally ask for a degree in a subject relevant to the field of the job, but if you are unsure of this please don’t hesitate to contact us.
4. What is the length of the scheme?
The length of the Scheme will depend on the length of the qualification that you will study. But usually the length of the Scheme is between 2-3 years.
5. Is there a guaranteed job at the end of the Scheme?
Every possible effort will be made to ensure that the successful candidate is given all possible opportunities to secure a post at the end of the Scheme.
The Council is proud that the majority of the successful candidates have gained a permanent post in the Council at the end of the Scheme.
6. What support will be available to me during the plan?
Full support will be offered to the successful candidate throughout the scheme – during the settings and while studying the qualification.
7. I have applied for the job before but not successful, would it be possible for me to apply again next year?
Of course, if you meet the requirements of the job then it is possible to apply again if you were not successful the first time.
8. What is the application process?
- Apply online
- We will shortlist
- Recruitment Centre
- Formal interview